Welcome to our Teacher Mini-Grants Program!
Aquarium Scholars is a new partnership between the NC Aquariums, NC public schools and the nonprofit NC Aquarium Society, through which private donors help fund access to STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math)-based Aquarium education programs for underserved students across the state.
These grants are only available for Title 1 teachers. Aquarium Scholars grant applicants can choose one of the following:
- Funding for a Jennette's Pier Visit (bus, fuel, fees, etc.).
- Funding for an educational program during your Pier visit and any related program fees.
- Funding for a Pier outreach program to bring our STEM programs to your school.
- Funding for a virtual program for your class.
The application period for this funding cycle has ended.
Important Dates to Remember:
For this funding cycle (June 2020-March 2021)
- Applications open on July 20, 2020
- Applications must be submitted by September 7, 2020.
- Applications will be reviewed and schools selected and notified by October 5, 2020.
For future funding cycles (June 2021—March 2022)
- Applications open in July, 2021
- Applications must be submitted by September, 2021.
- Applications will be reviewed and schools selected and notified by October, 2021.
Funding is possible due to the generous support of our sponsors.
RA Bryan Foundation
Duke Energy Foundation
Wells Fargo Foundation
NC GlaxoSmithKline Foundation
Harold H. Bate Foundation
Bill & Bob Dobo Trust
Dominion Energy Charitable Foundation
Goodnight Educational Foundation
Allan C. and Margaret L. Mims Charitable Trust
George Smedes Poyner Foundation
Tetlow & Roy Park Aquarium Legacy Fund
Southern Bank Foundation
Smithfield’s Chicken ‘N Bar-B-Q
Rotary Club of Kinston
Walters Family Foundation