Welcome to our Teacher Mini-Grants Program!
Aquarium Scholars is a new partnership between the NC Aquariums, NC public schools and the nonprofit NC Aquarium Society, through which private donors help fund access to STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math)-based Aquarium education programs for underserved students across the state.
These grants are only available for Title 1 teachers. Aquarium Scholars grant applicants can choose one of the following:
- Funding for a Jennette's Pier Visit (bus, fuel, fees, etc.).
- Funding for an educational program during your Pier visit and any related program fees.
- Funding for a Pier outreach program to bring our STEM programs to your school.
- Funding for a virtual program for your class.
Important Dates to Remember:
For this funding cycle (June2019-March 2020)
- Applications open on June 3, 2019
- Applications must be submitted by September 6, 2019.
- Applications will be reviewed and schools selected and notified by October 4, 2019.
For future funding cycles (June 2020—March 2021)
- Applications open on June 3, 2020
- Applications must be submitted by September 6, 2020.
- Applications will be reviewed and schools selected and notified by October 4, 2020.